Sixteenth Annual College Scholarship Award
Community Powered Federal Credit Union will once again grant three (3), one thousand dollar ($1000) scholarships to qualifying high school seniors.
We encourage all qualified students to apply for these scholarships. Applications will be available Friday, April 29, 2016.
Applicants must be a high school senior, graduating in 2016 from a public, private, or parochial school.
- Applicants must fully complete the attached application.
- Applicants must submit a typed or video essay based on a topic provided by the credit union.
- Applicants must meet the entrance requirements of a college of their choice and provide proof of their acceptance.
- Applicants must submit a signed letter of recommendation from a teacher, instructor, or guidance counselor.
- Applicants must have a parent or legal guardian who is a member of Community Powered Federal Credit Union account, in good standing.
- Applicants must be the primary member of their own Community Powered Federal Credit Union account, in good standing.
- To be eligible for selection, all required items must be submitted as a package and be received by Community Powered Federal Credit Union no later than Monday, June 6, 2016.
All entries will be judged by an independent agency, whose decisions are final. We will announce scholarship winners in late July. Winners will be asked to submit a photograph for publication in our newsletter.
Please submit a typed essay, no less than 250 words and no greater than 500 words, OR a video essay no less than 2 minutes long and no greater than 5 minutes long, based upon one of the topics below:
- If you were the Marketing Manager of Community Powered Federal Credit Union, how would you encourage college age students to use the services of the Credit Union?
- How can parents help their children achieve financial independence?
- What can high schools do to better prepare graduates to understand and manage their financial responsibilities?
All entries will be judged by an independent agency, whose selections are final.
Important: Your Application, Essay/Video, Letter of Recommendation, and Notice of Class Rank must be submitted as a package by Monday, June 6, 2016 to:
Community Powered Federal Credit Union
1758 Pulaski Hwy
Bear, DE 19701
ATTN: Joel Romaine
Community Powered Federal Credit Union can help parents finance educational expenses through products such as a Home Equity Line of Credit. Contact our loan department at 302-368-2396 for more information. Help your student manage their finances with a Community Powered FCU checking account, debit card, or VISA® credit card.